Making the switch from smoking to vaping can be overwhelming. There is certainly more gadgetry involved than opening a packet but once you get the hang of it, you’ll never look back. As your vaping prowess grows, you might also want to know how to extend your vaping experience. These tips are perfect for both the newbie and the more experienced vaper.
1. Look after your vaping kit
Looking after your vape pen or mod takes a little effort but if you do, the rewards far outweigh the effort!
Keeping it clean is essential and will prevent all kinds of fiddly inconvenience like a battery that flattens quickly because the connection between it and the coil is dirty or a dry hit that scorches the throat.
Vape pens are fairly robust and will be able to withstand being jiggled and knocked about in pockets and bags but only for a certain length of time.
And so as well as keeping it clean, you also need to make sure that it is protected when you carry it around. The last thing you need is an ever-growing stain of leaking vape juice in your bag or pocket.
2. Check for cracking on the vape tank
Here’s the thing – not all vape tanks are created equally. And that means some are more susceptible to cracking than others. If you know your vape is going to endure some tough conditions, a glass tank may last longer than a plastic one, although today’s plastic vape tanks are pretty tough.
There is also another benefit of a glass vape tank over plastic in that strong vaping juice flavours can, over time, work their way into the plastic, leaving a residual aroma or taste. If you notice that your strawberry vape juice has a tinge of menthol in it, it could be because the tank is starting to ‘hold’ on to flavours.
Glass doesn’t have this problem and with regular cleaning between different vape juice flavours, you’ll have a crisp, flavour experience every time.
3. Keep an eye on your vape juice
Like many people, you probably have a stash of different vaping juices for your pen or mod. Whilst this isn’t a bad thing, you need to be sure you are storing and using them in the right way. By doing so, you get the best vaping experience every time. Doesn’t every vaper want that?
- Store unopened vape juice in a cool dry place
- Store it in the box too
- Before opening the bottle, shake it so that the VG and PG liquids are mixed well
- Once you’ve filled the vape tank, put the lid back on and put it back in a cool, dark place – vape juice flavour easily spoils when it comes into contact with air.
- Sunlight degrades nicotine and so if you are using vaping as a means of giving up smoking, choose the right level of nicotine content in your chosen juice and keep it out of sunlight.
You can steep e-liquid, something many vapers do as steeping vape juice brings out the flavour. If you want a stronger flavour hit, steeping is simple and easy to do.
4. Atomiser, cartomiser or clearomiser?
It can be confusing deciding not only which one is best but whether these three things are one and the same thing.
They aren’t but the differences between them are subtle but important:
- Atomiser – when the modern vape pen was invented, it came with an atomizer. This is the component that holds the vape juice and the heating element, known as a coil. The battery heats the coil which heats the juice which is released as vapour when you draw on it. The atomizer is regarded as the simplest and so this is the one you’ll find on most vape pens for newbies.
- Cartomiser – this is very similar to the atomizer but it has a polyfill wrap around the coil. After much experimenting and development, this was found to intensify the flavoursome hit with every draw. This would make a great step up if you are looking to extend your vaping experience.
- Clearomiser – this is the latest development, if you like, for vape pens and other pieces of kit. There are different designs – some have the heating element and wick at the top whilst others still have the traditional setting of the heating coil at the bottom. Either way, the intention behind the clearomizer is to intensify the flavour hit and is also a component found on more advanced vape pens and kit. If you want to experiment with clouds and flavour, this is what you are looking for.
5. The battery
There are all kinds of myths about how to get the best from modern batteries, especially those in smartphones and things like vape pens.
The rules are simple:
- if your vape battery needs charging, charge it
- if it is half empty, charge it
- and when the battery is fully charged, take it off charge as leaving it on does nothing.
Batteries don’t last forever but they will give you many years of service if you look after them. And that means keeping it charged as well as not letting it get hot or too cold.
6. Starter kits are a great choice
If you are new to vaping or considering ditching expensive cigarettes for a vape pen or e-cigarette, starter kits are a great choice. They are simple to use and allow you to develop the vaping skills needed to make the most of your new hobby.
7. Stick with high-quality vaping juices
Vaping is much more affordable than smoking, one reason why many people make the swap from smoking. Bottles of vaping juice retail for a few pounds, hardly anything when you consider the price of a box of cigarettes.
However, if you push this bargain hunting too much and opt for very cheap vaping juice, you may find that the flavour isn’t as good, your clouds are wisps rather than puffs and your vape pen clogs and sputters at the most inconvenient of times.
Stick with high-quality vaping juices from reputable UK manufacturers and stick with reputable vape kit manufacturers too so that you get the best vaping experience every time.
8. Enjoying vaping!
Whether that is experimenting with vape juice liquids to get the best clouds or trying different flavours, vaping is about enjoyment. It really is that simple.