Whatever reason you need or want to take CBD oil, why not try vaping it? CBD oil, or cannabidiol to give it its full name, is having a moment in the spotlight, and one of the most enjoyable ways to consume it is through vaping.
How Much CBD Should You Vape?
Vaping CBD oil is even more effective than eating it or applying it topically, quite simply because when you inhale CBD oil you absorb more of it than you would otherwise. Also, whilst it can take over an hour to experience the benefits of eating CBD oil, when you vape it, you will feel the effects within a few seconds as it enters your bloodstream straight away.
Benefits of vaping CBD oil
- CBD oil can dramatically reduce the number of epilepsy seizures a sufferer has every day - take the cases of Billy Caldwell and Alfie Dingley for example.
- For anyone who has ever smoked a joint, you’ll be well aware of the benefits of CBD for helping with insomnia, as one of the most common side effects of vaping CBD is drowsiness.
- People suffering from anxiety can have their symptoms alleviated through vaping CBD, thanks to its mood-elevating properties. In fact, researchers believe CBD oil could even treat other psychological disorders such as OCD or PTSD.
- And CBD has even been shown to help patients suffering from psychosis, reducing their psychotic episodes when treated with cannabidiol.
- If you have diabetes, CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory that could be used to help treat type-1 diabetes.
- Finally, the well documented side effects of chemotherapy - vomiting and nausea, were the first symptoms to disappear in clinical trials with medicinal cannabis.
What you need to watch out for with CBD oil
Be very wary if your bottle of CBD oil spouts specific medicinal benefits, as whilst trials have shown time and again the benefits of CBD oil, none of the claims have been substantiated through sufficient clinical evidence.
Therefore CBD oil has to be marketed as a food supplement instead, despite the landmark ruling in November 2018 that allowed UK doctors, under very specific and incredibly limited circumstances, to prescribe cannabis to patients.
Which means the industry is about to boom, with an anticipated valuation of almost £1bn by 2025, expect numerous sham products to start floating on the market sold by unscrupulous sellers keen to get in on the action.
So, as a consumer, you need to watch out that you aren’t being mis-sold low levels of CBD in the oil you’re buying. A report by the CMC found that almost half the most popular CBD oils sold on the high street did not contain the amount of CBD as described on their label, and others had levels in such low concentrations that their positive effects are never going to be felt.
And if you’re going to vape CBD oil, you need to be sure that the oil you have is suitable for vaping. Because traditionally, CBD oil contains MCT oil which is not suitable for inhaling, in fact, studies have shown that MCT causes serious health risks. So always check that your CBD oil is an oil for inhaling, not a tincture for ingesting.
Vaping CBD oil
Luckily for you, at Vapemate we have a wide variety of premixed Ambience CBD ELiquids, all certified free of THC and derived from industrial hemp sourced from the UK and EU, and all ingredients conform to the British and European safety standards.
And to help you even further, we also stock the Teslacigs Mini Duo Kit which has been specifically designed for vaping CBD eliquids, as smaller vape devices are recommended for vaping CBD.
How to mix CBD oil with vape juice
But if you’re keen to mix your own, the easiest way to mix CBD oil with vape juice is to purchase your premade favourite eliquid, that way you cut out the faff involved with mixing your own eliquid.
Most CBD oil manufacturers will advise you to mix one drop of CBD oil into your tank with your preferred vape juice, but if you’re new to vaping CBD oil, you might want to be a little more accurate about it in the beginning.
Not only will the strength of the CBD oil depend on the results you are after, but there are a couple of other factors to take into consideration:
- The weight of the individual - bigger people will require more CBD to feel the effects.
- An individual's body chemistry. We are all created differently, what one person’s body can tolerate is not the same as another’s.
It is worth noting that most bottles of CBD oil will advise serving size either in number of drops - X drops, or amount per serving - X mg.
It’s best to keep the dose low to start with and build up gradually as you get used to the effects of the CBD oil. Try vaping between 2-12mg of CBD per 10kg of body weight.
There are a couple of ways of mixing CBD oil with vape juice:
- Purchase your favourite eliquid as a shortfill and add a CBD booster.
- Add the CBD booster straight into your vape tank.
To calculate how much CBD oil you should add to your tank, figure out how much CBD oil you want to vape each day.
For example, if you have a 10ml bottle of CBD oil that contains 500mg of liquid, 1ml of the liquid is equivalent to 50mg of CBD. So if you only want a 10mg dose of CBD, divide the 1ml into 5 parts and only add 0.2ml of CBD oil into your tank each day. Top up the rest of the tank with your favourite eliquid.