If you’re new to vaping or if you’re an experienced vaper keen to branch out and see what other experiences this heady world of vaping can offer, let us introduce you to nicotine salts.
In this ultimate guide to nicotine salts we are going to cover what nicotine salts are, where to buy nicotine salts, which are the best tanks for nicotine salts and the general health effects of vaping nicotine salts.
Without further ado…
What Are Nicotine Salts?
Salt-based nicotine is the form of nicotine found naturally in tobacco leaves. In standard eliquids, however, manufacturers use ‘freebase’ nicotine, where the chemical structure of the nicotine as a salt has been broken down leaving pure nicotine.
Nicotine as a salt is more stable than freebase nicotine. Freebase could deliver much higher doses of nicotine, but to get the same high levels of nicotine available in cigarettes eliquid would be strong and too harsh to vape. The salt version of nicotine has a lower pH, can be vaped at lower temperatures to release the nicotine and is therefore smoother. Nic salts in eliquid get into and leave the body in a similar pattern to the nic hit from a cigarette.
When nicotine salts first came to the UK public’s awareness, the thinking in some cases was that they were only suitable for use in high concentrations in sub-ohm vaping devices. But nicotine salts are simply just another form of nicotine. In fact, so much so, unflavoured nicotine salts can be used in the same way as any other form of nicotine that you might choose to mix into our shortfill eliquid bottles.
So why would you choose nicotine salts over regular nicotine shots?
- Nicotine salts provide a smoother vape.
- They are the natural form nicotine takes in the tobacco leaf.
- They are capable of delivering a higher nicotine strength than traditional eliquids, and all without the harshness.
General health effects of vaping nicotine salts
The safety of any form of vaping has been the subject of serious debate in recent years, however in recent years, the NHS endorsed vaping as an effective means to quit smoking. If the NHS, the stalwart healthcare provider of the UK has sanctioned the use of ecigs, then that says it all.
So, are nicotine salts safe?
Nic salts are comparable to nicotine ‘freebase’ in terms of their safety.
Advantages of nicotine salts over nicotine base
- Nic salts are absorbed more quickly into the body meaning that initial vape you get will give you that instant nic hit first thing in the morning, just when you need it most. Plus their effects last longer than regular ‘freebase’ nicotine eliquid so you can go for longer between vapes if you have to.
- Nic salts provide a smoother nic hit, so for those people who require a higher nic hit, they won’t have to suffer with a harsh vaping experience just to get the nicotine levels up.
Disadvantages of nicotine salts over nicotine base
- Nicotine salts tend to be more expensive than other eliquids because they are classed as a premium product. But hey, if you want the best vape experience, sometimes you have to pay a higher price for it.
- Nicotine salts won’t give you a good throat hit.
- Nicotine salts are mostly limited to lower powered devices.
- Cloud chasers might not get on with nicotine salts, as they tend not to produce dense vapour.
Best tanks for nicotine salts
Where to buy nicotine salts
Where else would you buy nicotine salts UK but from your dear friends here at Vapemate. We stock a wide selection of The Salt Works nic salt eliquids which deliver a 20mg shot of nicotine in a 50VG blend of eliquid, making this smooth nic salt eliquid a great tasting high strength nicotine eliquid, without the harsh nicotine hit.
And if you’re concerned that the flavours of Salt Works Nic Salts Eliquids would be dull or run of the mill, why not try their custard eliquid? Although of course more regular flavours like tobacco and menthol are included in the listing too.