Senior Magento / PHP Developer
Job Title: Senior Magento/PHP Developer
Location: Little Warley - Essex
Hours: 40 hours Monday - Friday
Eos Leisure is a fast paced and growing business working within the eliquid and ecigarette industry. We have multiple applications and websites serving different parts of our business which include ecommerce, information sites and custom written applications using Zend Framework.
We are looking to hire a Senior PHP developer to assist with the ongoing development and management of the company’s web based systems and projects. We have several Magento 1 websites with many customisations that need to be migrated to Magento 2. We also need to develop a bespoke subscriptions platform that will tie in with our Magento back end. Ideally this will be done in Zend framework however other frameworks will be considered.
This role will be mostly hands-on programming (70%) with a small amount of project planning and DevOps responsibilities, so a desire to remain hands-on is essential, although you'll be combining this with taking some responsibility for the technical delivery.
There is no public transport to the Childerditch Industrial Park in Little Warley where this role is based, so holding a full driving license is essential.
- PHP OOP development
- MySQL administration
- Linux administration
- In depth knowledge of the Linux command line
- Experience in LAMP or LEMP environments
- Zend Framework
- Xcode/OSX development
- Soap/XML/Rest API integration
- Firm grasp of UX best practices
- CasperJS testing
- Bash Sscripting
Key Responsibilities Include
- Maintiaining, updating and improving all web platforms
- Ensuring development best practices are adhered to
- Managing and scheduling development work
- MySQL database administration
- Deploying code releases
- Managing AWS infrastructure
- Deploying Linux security patches
- Monitoring system health
- Adding and improving features across all platforms
- Competitive salary £50-60k depending on experience
- Performance bonuses
- Annual salary review
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Fun and friendly environment
- Fruit, toast, cereals and as much tea and coffee as you can drink!