Regulatory Compliance Chemist
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Chemist
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Hours: 40 hours Monday - Friday
We are recruiting for a Regulatory Compliance Chemist to join our growing science team. At Eos Scientific, we firmly believe that quality defines us. Whether that is in our approach to customer services, or producing very reliable test results, we constantly strive for excellence. Our products sit at the heart of our business and ensuring they are regularly tested and our stringent quality standards are met is of critical importance to us.
Our main focus currently is eliquid and CBD products quality control, regulatory submission testing, regulatory compliance support and product stewardship. Knowledge of the electronic cigarette market, eliquid production and/or the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) would be advantageous, but not essential, as full training will be given. However, thorough knowledge and experience in CLP, SDS authoring, toxicology desktop research or sourcing data for registration dossiers as well as monograph writing for chemical components are essential to do the job effectively. Communicating with regulatory bodies and providing regulatory advice and support to colleagues and external clients form a significant portion of the role.
We would like to hear from candidates with a degree/higher degree in a scientific subject along with at least two years in chemical regulatory affairs. You must also be prepared to work in a broad role covering all aspects of regulatory affairs, be a team player, have a can-do attitude and be a quick learner.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Chemical regulatory affairs
- Regulatory compliance
- Product registration
- Product risk assessment
- CLP / TPD regulatory support
- Degree/PhD qualified in Chemistry or similar fields
- Proven regulatory support experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills (including MS Outlook, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint)
- Understanding of GMP and GLP principles.
- Integrate with business teams to ensure current and future compliance requirements are understood and implemented
- Classify products, author SDSs and review/approval labels under CLP and TPD
- Lead formulation regulatory reviews and product safety assessment
- Support regulatory reporting including product registration for TPD/MHRA
- Update regulatory status of relevant chemicals and manage internal database
- Write and review toxicological monographs in support of product registration
- Work in accordance with ISO quality system
- Liaising with external clients and managing different projects effectively
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Performance bonuses
- Annual salary review
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Fun and friendly environment
- Fruit, cereals, cold drinks, tea and as much coffee as you can drink!