Making the Switch to E cigarettes
New to electronic cigarettes and vaping? Want to make the switch but not sure what you need? These short guides will help you with some basic knowledge. Go smoke-free today! No ash, no tar & no more nasty smells.
A cigarette is simple. You just light it. But with e cigarettes there’s such a huge variety of devices on the market that you might feel overwhelmed when you’re first making the switch. But here’s why taking that first step doesn’t have to be daunting.
You can buy throwaway e cigarettes – like those found in petrol stations and supermarkets, as well as fully custom-built devices known as mods or Personal Vaping Devices.
Cig-a-likes are often the first stop for a person quitting smoking. These resemble real cigarettes in appearance and are less expensive. But they're often unsatisfying for heavier smokers and have a limited battery life. Often these are disposable or utilise a disposable cartridge.
Vaping with e liquid and a more advanced kit gives you greater control over the quality of your vape, as well as enjoying the benefits of smoother nicotine delivery.
Intro to Vaping – Kits
If you smoke 10-20 cigarettes a day, starting with a disposable e cigarette may not be the best choice. It won’t offer enough strength or vapour to fulfil your cravings.
The Flare Vape Kit has more power and a tank for your e liquid, so there’s more choice of flavour than with a disposable e cigarette.
Using the Flare Vape Kit
- Fill the tank with an eliquid of your choice, but not past the fill line
- Screw the clearomiser onto the top of the battery
- Click the power button 5 times to turn it on (and off)
- To vape, activate the battery by pressing the firing button while taking a draw on the tip
- The Flare features short-circuit protection, 10-second auto-shutoff, and low-voltage protection to shut off the battery before it can fully discharge
- You'll need to refill your clearomiser when it's empty. Unscrew the bottom and fill the tank with more eliquid
- When the battery is low charge it via a USB port
- Avoid charging it overnight
- The atomiser head may eventually need to be replaced