Making The Switch
New to electronic cigarettes and vaping? Want to make the switch but not sure what you need? These short guides will help you with some basic knowledge. Go smoke free today! No ash, no tar & no more nasty smells.
NEW TO ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES?
If you've never so much as held an ecigarette before, this is the place for you.
These short guides contain all the basic knowledge you need to begin living a life without smoke: no ash, no tar, and no more nasty smells!
GOODBYE, CIGARETTES. HELLO, ELIQUID.
There is now a huge variety of devices on the market. These include the less expensive throwaway ecigarettes that you can buy in petrol stations and supermarkets, as well as fully custom-built devices known as mods or PVDs (Personal Vaping Devices).
Cig-a-likes are often the first stop for a person quitting smoking. They are less expensive and resemble real cigarettes most closely in terms of appearance. But they're often unsatisfying for heavier smokers and have a limited battery life. Vaping with eliquid gives you greater control over the quality of your vape, as well as enjoying the benefit of a smoother nicotine delivery.
Intro to Vaping - Kits
For lighter smokers, we recommend starting with a ‘cig-a-like’ Ozone Ecigarette Kit, since they look and behave very similarly to a real cigarette. These have pre-filled cartridges that can be disposed of when they’re empty.
If you smoke 10-20 cigarettes a day, starting with a disposable ecigarette may not be the best choice. It won’t offer enough strength or vapour to fulfil your cravings. Try the Flare Vape Kit instead. This has a tank into which you decanter eliquid. Your chances of success are far greater with something like a Flare Vape Kit. There’s more power and choice than with a disposable or intro kit.
For vaping purists and seekers of top-shelf quality, we turn your attention to the mod. However, there is generally a learning curve required to master the mod, so we do not advise buying a mod to start with.
GETTING STARTED WITH THE OZONE KIT
Check to make sure you've got everything: 1 Ozone ecigarette battery, 2 high-strength ecigarette cartridges, 1 low-strength ecigarette cartridge, 1 carrying case and 1 USB charger
Cig-a-likes don't come with refillable tanks that need eliquid. Instead there are three prefilled cartridges, equivalent to 20-30 cigarettes each
- To start, screw the cartridge onto the battery
- Simply inhale through the cartridge to activate the battery
- You'll need to charge the battery by screwing on the included USB charger
- Avoid charging your device overnight
GETTING STARTED WITH THE FLARE VAPE KIT
Check to make sure you've got everything: 1 Vapemate Flare battery, 1 clearomiser (that includes one atomizer head), 1 USB charger, 1 carrying case, and 1 10mL bottle of eliquid
Fill the tank with an eliquid of your choice, but not past the fill line
- Screw the clearomiser onto the top of the battery
- Click the power button 5 times to turn it on (and off)
- To vape, activate the battery by pressing the firing button while sucking on the tip
- The Flare features short-circuit protection, 10-second auto-shutoff, and low-voltage protection to shut off the battery before it can fully discharge
- You'll need to refill your clearomiser when it's empty. Unscrew the bottom and fill the tank with more eliquid
- When the battery is low charge it via a USB port
- Avoid charging it overnight
- The atomizer head may eventually need to be replaced with a spare you can purchase in the Vapemate store