Welcome to the Vapemate world of vaping. It’s like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory here - everything you could possibly want, all under one e-roof.
If you’re new to this world, the chances are you’ll be wondering what type of vape device you should be using. But with so many devices to choose from, box mods and vape pens both being incredibly popular options, which is the right one for you?
What is the best vaping device (for you)?
As a novice, the best vape device for you will likely be one of our starter kits. Our starter electronic cigarette kits are designed to help you kick your cigarette habit (if you haven’t already), and allow you to go smoke free from your first vape puff.
E cigarettes contain no nasty chemicals, no horrible smells, no tar or ash, basically, you’ll be joining the growing ranks of over 3.2 million vapers here in the UK, all of who get what a fab hobby vaping is.
Did we mention that vaping is up to 90% cheaper than smoking cigarettes?
Our top pick of starter vape devices include:
- Dash Nic Salt Disposable Pod Blackcurrant - £5.99. Any of the dash nic salt disposable pods are a great choice to be fair. They offer a delicious, juicy, portable vape with 20mg nic salt. So if you’re just trying vaping out, do it with this vape device.
- Endura T18 II Vape Pen Starter Kit - £24.99. If you’re looking to invest in your first vape starter kit, you won’t go far wrong with this easy to use vape pen.
- Innokin Jem Pen Kit - £19.99. A super slim starter kit that is as easy on the eye as it is to vape.
- VooPoo Finic 16 All in One Pod Kit - £18.99. The portable and compact Finic vape pod from VooPoo is the beginning of the next generation of vape devices.
A recommendation is all good and well, but what exactly is a vape pen?
What is a vape pen?
A vape pen style mod is the next step in bespoke vaping. If you want an easy, off the shelf vape, then you want a disposable vape device. But when you’re ready to take the next step and you want to invest in vape device that isn’t complicated, then a vape pen should be your first port of call.
They are physically bigger than a traditional cigarette and unlike the disposable vape devices, every aspect of a vape pen can be modified to create a vape device that delivers a bespoke vape experience, just the way you want it. Meaning you can switch out your tank, change the heating coil and try new e-liquid flavours to your heart’s content.
Vape pen mods are more powerful than disposable e cigarettes, capable of producing more vapour, plus they’re fully rechargeable with a larger battery affording a longer time vaping between charges.
Whilst vape pens outperform disposable e-cigarettes, they are considerably less powerful than a vape box mod.
What is a vape box mod?
A vape box mod allows you to take customising your vape device to a whole new level. Much bigger than a vape pen, vape box mods have larger batteries, can hold more e liquid and have more capacity for giving you the ultimate vape experience. By that we mean - vape box mods can have a display that tells you the temperature, the wattage and other key performance metrics associated with your vaping experience.
But the reason you would transition from a vape pen to a vape box mod is because you’re after more power, and the real freedom to modify your vape device to the exact tank and coil you want.
A vape box mod not only affords you more power in your vape, but it can give you lots more vapour, more gadgets to explore and the integration with new software allowing you to finely tune your vaping experience.
Vape mods you might want to try include:
- Aspire NX30 Rover Kit - £39.99. A brilliant vape box mod that is transportable, powerful, yet discreet.
- Famovape Magma Box Mod - £49.99. An award winning box mod that is unique to look at and unique to vape.
- IQ 3 Ultra Portable Device Black - £44.99. A stylish portable pod system that’s modern and easy to use.
Which is better - a vape mod or a vape pen?
So which is better? Should you buy a vape mod or a vape pen?
Whilst you have some great options to choose from for each category, the choice of which is better really is down to personal preference.
But to help you choose between them, here are some of the key differences between vape mods and vape pens.
- Vape pens are a type of e cigarette. They have a decent battery, typically lasting about a day (but this depends how often you vape). Vape pens are refillable, which makes them more cost effective than disposable e cigarettes and more flexible in that you can change your e liquid to suit your taste. They also give plenty of vape in each puff, so you can make big clouds.
- Vape mods tend to have a bigger battery, are also refillable, but the key difference is the power in each vape.
- Vape mods are larger than vape pens and considerably more powerful, meaning more vape, better throat hits and stronger flavours.
- Vape mods will give you a bigger throat hit simply because they have more power behind them, this is great if you have a high tolerance, not so great if you’re just entering the vaping world.
- Vape pens are the best transition to vaping from cigarettes as they are designed for regular use throughout the day, whereas vape box mods are more for a big hit a few times a day.
As mentioned before, the decision to buy a vape mod or a vape pen comes down to personal preference. For more information about starting vaping, check out our beginner’s guide to vaping.